Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 16 January 2015

Moron Winter Training

So Blaze recently suggested I should post every day ... when I finished laughing and threatened to get my Killer Kanga after him



Sorry about Kanga's language...he is a bit of a nasty character....but very loyal, as Kanga's go...

Anyways ... I relented and said I'd try to put something together each week...without being even more boring than normal...



Yup, everyone's a critic...

In my last post I may have mentioned a few times that I may have put on a bit of weight over the holidays (a bit???  I was up over 200lbs!!)....yeah that was all muscle....yeah, yeah, that's it...
Now??  Currently down to 194...goal is 180 by end of February...write that down (yes, again).

Then I will be on my way back into my mid-season fitness...



Yeah....that's the new BicycleWorks kit...

Anyways...when I hit 180 we will have a party (Just so I can put it all back on again)...





WTF does this pic have to do with anything mountain-bikish??  I don't know...it's Christopher Walken...he is cool in a weird sort of way...just like most MTBers...

Anyways, back to my MTB stuff...and my fat belly.  Just so you know...if you ever get there...when you hit age 50+ the laws of physics and the principles of bio-chemistry go out the window.  It IS possible to eat 6 ounces of pizza, and gain 10 lbs....don't ask me how that works, it's just the way it is.  Then it takes 10,000 calories worth of work, to burn off 500 calories worth of body fat...don't really know how that works either...must be some weird quantum string chaos theory stuff.  Ask CptSydor he will explain it to you...he is a scientist...

As far as training goes...when the tempurature is above -10ish I try to be on the bike as much as possible.  Here are a couple of pics (thanks to JeffS) from last week in Dundas Valley...



Actually, on my drive home from this ride, I was coming up highway 6 off of York Blvd on ramp, when a small doe leaped over the guard rail to my right, sped across the highway in front of me (I barely missed her by less than 4 ft!!).  She leaped over the 3ft tall median (cleared it by 2 ft....way better bunny hopper than me!!) and, catching a very fortunate break in traffic (especially on Hwy 6), dashed safely across the highway.



Yup...I was that close to venison steak for supper!!

Anyways, when the temp gets below minus 'stupid', I have been on the trainer, or out jogging (really, I have been running)...




So true!!  I am not used to the running....it hurts!!  But it works...so I am told...and gets me outside even on minus 'stupid' days.  Although we complain about the weather here in Central Ontario...we are so not tough...

This is my sister...(seriously)...




She lives in Saskatchewan.  She runs marathons.  She trains outside in -50 (that is even below minus 'stupid').  Now that is tough.  They make them tough back home...I have 5 sisters and a brother...all are tougher than me; a story for another day...

The sun comes out briefly in June in Saskatchewan during the Summer Solstice...




This is a warm August day back home...








Well that got off track fast!!

So, yes...trainer, jogging...and though this week is supposed to be a bit of a break off the bike, it warmed up enough yesterday that I had to get a ride in...a bit of a recovery (from the jogging) snow ride...




It is a bit of a blizzard out there today though...so another jog it will be...then hopefully some bike time on the weekend.

Then next week???

Stay posted!!


No comments:

Post a Comment