Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 11 December 2015

Riot on Waxing

So there appear to be more off season races popping up.  (If there become enough off-season races, does it become on-season again??)

DanofSubstance has a fatbike series starting in January.  Then these also popped up this week...




So maybe the off-season will be somewhat on??




So I coaxed a few of the regulars out for group ride last weekend.  This guy even joined us!!



In case you don't know...that's EnglishJim (I know, hard to recognize him in his Fall/Winter samsquanch costume)...he has been missing from the scene for some time...still gets lost from time to time.  Yup....he is quite remarkable....like a whiteboard.

And as per usual this group ride ended with a firepit recovery...


With rehydration and refuelling.  And JeffH cooked up a Saskatchewan hotdog...




Actually there was real athlete type food...sort of...
Mostly just good times with good friends...waxing poetic too much?

Actually, after riding the fatboy almost exclusively for the last 3 weeks, this week I got out on a couple of other bikes.  At the direction of CoachRob, I got out for some road training...but in the fall conditions I prefer to use the cross bike even on the road...


Thank you to JeffH for this pic, that he plaqued...
in fact he did one for each of the 5 of us on this ride!!


At Maddaugh Springs (formerly Puslinch Springs), 
a common rehydration stop on one of my regular routes.


Also to change things up bit, I broke the carbon race mtb out again...because conditions allowed it.  While it doesn't hook up like the fatbike, it just felt so light and nimble.  It reminded me how much I love this bike...and how everybike has it's own distinct attributes.

Oh-oh....am I waxing on too much again??  Better than the opposite I guess...
Don't worry, poetic is the only thing I wax...   (Sorry, Fig)
And anyone who has ever found themselves in the wrong mtb ride/race parking lot knows that EnglishJim doesn't wax anything!!



Apparently Felix is appalled...
Wax??  What???




Shadow is just embarrassed...
 
Oh the humanity...


Anyways...I am also still doing the occasional trail run for adaptive training...at CoachRob's direction.  Apparently CoachRob is doing alot of running...because he has this...




Seriously, he has that.  He claims he got it crashing in a CX race...but I think he got it hitting the guy who gave him this tatoo...






Actually CoachRob has me back actively training and is all over me about keeping my winter weight in check, but its all good....I need that.

Especially knowing that guys like unglued are still actively training...or claim to be...although it seems to be a little too much indoor training (does that still count??).  And JeffS is still out there regularly ripping it up fatbike style.  Word is JeffS wants to join TeamRiot...




Although the qualification is tough...(bottle of 40 Creek??)

Speaking of...I think BobM and serious are either into party mode, or secret training; either way I know they will come out blazing ahead of me again next season.  I'd like to know what their secret is...

Giant just keeps getting faster...I think his secret starts with an 'A' and ends with a 'navar'....but that's just conjecture.

And this guy is always, always fast...and used to training.  Check out this old pic...you recognize him??




And although they are not Olympians (yet) the Rock & Road race gang is still getting out there.  So, yes...I need to stay on top of my game as much as I can.  And amid the training I would like to get out for some rides with Fatboy Nation, and Pinoy Pedal Pushers!!  Let's make it happen!





OK, not really sure what that means, but anyways...

The only other significant mtb related event for me this week was I got this new bike carrier...





Which was pretty much a necessity to pull the bike trailer....




Anyways...that's about all I got for this week...I guess it's time to make things happen for next weeks post??  So...what could that be???

Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment