Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 19 May 2016

Prepping for the Ganny...

So, after missing the OCup 2 at Highlands last weekend...I am looking forward to participating in this...

XC MARATHON 2: The Long Sock Classic promoted by Substance Projects and DanOfSubstance; to be held at the Ganaraska Forest Centre this Saturday the 21st.  75kms of trail...should be fun!
Looking forward to it...but not sure the ribs are...

Its been almost 2 wks....they should be healed right??  I know...I jest.  It will be weeks yet.  They still make their condition known when I anything.  Seriously, from breathing to going to the can (try it sometime).  However, the current conventional treatment is to stay as active as tolerable.  So off I go...

osteo, MTBer/osteopath/therapist has instructed me on how to use SpiderTech kinesiology tape, and it helps...although it is a little tricky to position it so it doesn't interfere with my heart rate monitor.  And I have yet to decide if the pink tape works better than the blue.  (see, yeah...another little joke there...very little, I guess...)

In fact it works so good I just may make this my kit for the LSC...






Ah...perhaps not...that's more EnglishJim's style...(although I don't think SpiderTech makes nipple tape).






Ooookay...anyways the race should be an adventure to write about...







Sorry....guess I have an abundance of stupid pics today...helps to distract from the crappy writing...

Anyways....looks like spring is actually here...maybe...







Looking forward to it after last weekends weather fiasco....





Exactly...


Anyways...another reason I am looking forward to the LSC race is Lois, Blaze, and I went to VeggieFest in Ancaster this last weekend...and I may have gotten a little carried away...






Yeah, I have been training all week, but still....a marathon race should burn a few calories...

So, if you are into vegan...and food trucks....check out these guys...  The Vegan Extremist   May be the best tasting food of any kind I have ever sampled!  Serious.

While I am on the topic, also found out at VeggieFest that my friend Kris, who owns 50 Pesos (formerly Sabores Latinos), won the Food Network's Food Truck Face Off....and won a Food Truck!!!  And has great Latino/Mexican food!!

So there ya go....a couple of refueling sources to plan your rides around??
If you do hit up a food truck...try this....tell them your name is Buehler...then don't answer when your food is ready...

Anyways...back to the LSC...a few questions...

DonnaDub, will you be there?  I have a water bottle for you.
Will 13stone, Unglued, and serious be there...and if so, singlespeed all?
Alexa?  SingleSpeedSarah?
Will the JeffS clan show up and monopolize the podium?
Will Giant and Oggie duke it out?
Can we talk NewfieSteve into doing the full Marathon?
How many  R&R jerseys at this race??
Should I drop off, or refill?
Does Dan have socks for me?
Are those really dead Minions inside each Kinder Surprise??


All soon to be answered...and more.

Stay posted!!



Remembering Batoch, 130 years ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment