Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 11 October 2016

A Weekend of Giving Thanks

So...the long weekend come and gone.  Thanksgiving...






With the most incredible weather...that left so many opportunities for outside activity...oh...and riding a bike!




Friday morning...I get a text...NewfieSteve and PowerPaul have decided last minute to camp and ride at Turkey Point...one of the newest mountain bike mecca's out this way...




I'm not so good at the last minute stuff though...so I opted out.  I chose instead to do a road ride...to take advantage of the almost +30 degree weather.  I did manage to make a stop en-route at NewfieSteve's house for a shot of Jager...always good ride energy...as he prepared his camping gear.  I think he was eager to get ready and going....so I stuck around as long as possible.  I'm like that...

OK...I did eventually mosey on...and headed up to Dee's General Store outside of Cambridge, to reload on water...oh...and they make some of the best buttertarts on the planet...so of course I had one...(seriously....just one!).





Anyways...105kms, near summer temps, a shot of Jager, and a buttertart...made for one heck of a great way to welcome in the long weekend...a good reason for giving thanks!


Friday's route...in case you can't manage the strava widgety think on the right border...


Saturday was a day for the mountain bike.  Lois was busy with personal errands in the morning, so I headed out on the fatbike intending to ride Christie and Dundas.  When I got out to Christie I ran into Hal and GregS out riding the trails.  I had so much fun trying to keep up to them, I never made it to Dundas.  Instead, we road Christie, then took the Spencer Creek trails out to Dundas Peak...then took the trail to Sydenham Road.  It was on this trail I witnessed one of the most spectacular crashes...

GregS went all out over the bars descending a wooden staircase.  I was behind him, busy trying to focus on negotiating the stairs myself, but out of the corner of my eye I could see it happen...and I swear it looked something like this...





In what would normally break a mortal human in half GregS eventually got back up...a bit battered and bruised...and bike mostly intact...so we thought after 2hours we had better call it a ride...and headed to SHED brewery in Dundas for recovery...



Hal and Greg at SHED


Lois even came to join us.  Lois does not normally like to have her pic taken...so I have to kind of sneak them...so I snuck this one...


Lois at SHED

Then Blaze and Laura, and Jaimie too...came to SHED to join in the recovery...and many thanks were given...


Sunday...I was a bit tired from the previous two days riding...but I got a last minute text from DanOfSubstance.  He was heading out for the day to ride at Turkey Point...one of the newest mountain bike mecca's out this way...






I'm not so good at the last minute stuff though...so I opted out. I chose instead, to do a short mountain bike ride on our local trails...(a challenging mess of hills, roots, rocks, and stream crossings...).  Then home to relax by the firepit with Lois for the afternoon..





Many thanks were given...



And I snuck this pic of Lois by the firepit...






Anyways...Monday I was fortunate enough to be invited by the Lapdogs to join in their Monstercross ride.  So the cyclecross bike got some action this weekend too!  3 hours including, Dundas Valley (and Powerline Mudslide!), numerous loops at Christie, Spencer Creek, and Dundas Peak again.  Mostly crash-free this time.  Thank you Lapdogs...a great group to ride with...


Some of the group at Dundas Peak.


Then, once again, we finished at SHED...where many thanks were given...





Again...Lois joined us....but apparently I am no longer allowed to post any more pics of Lois...






Anyways...no racing...but plenty of riding.  Great weather...great friends...no hurricanes.  A great weekend to give thanks for.

What more could happen for Thursday??

Stay posted!


One more??

No comments:

Post a Comment