Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmassy

Well for everyone who was wishing for winter...it appears that it is here...and then some!!  And the forecast is for it to become a little more extreme this weekend.








Apparently some people are not so happy about winter...




But we do live in Canada...and it is mid December...so it is to be expected!!  It is now perfect fatbike conditions...and Dan's winter Fatbike Race series starts this weekend.  So, embrace it!!






As mentioned it is now mid-December....and I promised a Christmassy post for today...we finally got our decorations up...





Actually this is our tree...




Light please...


get away from there Max!!


And the star/angel...


Taz!!


The dirty socks hung on the railing with care...





The Christmas/Santa hats....all high and lofty...




I got Lois a special Christmas outfit...cuz I'm thoughtful like that...






Lois...


Anyways... while the internetz is full of suggested gifts for mountain bikers...may I suggest promoting supporting local??  Perhaps your LBS has a seasonal sale...


My LBS in Waterdown


Renew your local/favourite trail membership??  There are too many to mention, and I will likely miss one...but you know where you like to ride...

If you need a Christmas card head to Freewheel Cycle in Dundas and pick up one of Jany's handcrafted art cards...





Actually this is the coolest non local, mtb related (almost) item I have seen out there...




Especially for the bikepacker...

Anyways I'm not preaching about supporting local, just seems like the Canadian thing to do...and speaking of...it doesn't get more Canadian than this warning at a trailhead in Alberta...




Anyways, I am running on...Christmas is coming...winter is here...

I have been fighting a winter flu bug (or something similar) all week, so far successfully but I feel it still hanging on.  So I haven't been out on the trails yet this week (since Sunday), but it is supposed to warm up to -27 degrees (or something)...so I need to get out there...at the risk of physical health to preserve mental health.  I know many of you have been, so the trails should be broken in now, right??

Make a great weekend!  Ride safe!!

Stay posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment