Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 8 January 2015

Post Holiday Post (Oh The Weather Outside is SCARY!!)

Well say goodbye to the holidays....unless you are Ukrainian or Santa.  
What did you get for Christmas??





Yup....that's me.  This is my latest selfie...



Luckily this is how Lois still sees me...



I don't really know how she does it, but Lois never seems to put on weight...even after the holidays...




Guess I just did too much of  this...



And this...




Anyways....seriously, I am currently bouncing around 200lbs.  So my training plan (yes I have one...) includes me getting down to 180 by the end of February.  You can write that down; need to be in fighting shape in time for the Steaming Nostril...the first race on the schedule for 2015.  (No I didn't get in for the Frostbike in time).

Instead of 20 extra pounds, what I was hoping for Christmas was this...





Would have even settled for the fatbike...
Why a fatbike??  I guess in order to conform, and fit in....they seem to be all the rage.  Seriously (again), manufacturers underestimated the demand, and now can't make them as fast as they are selling.

At least at my LBS, they have pretty much sold out.  In fact Paul had to sell his own personal Fatboy to meet demand!  Read the full story on the BW website.




My friend Pinoy recently posted this beauty...but I think this is a little out of control.


Yup, that is really out there somewhere...but not in my garage, and not likely to be.

I think this guy was happy with his Christmas...





And this was NewfieSteve's Weaver over the holidays...




See the resemblance...



Anyways, back to mountain biking and training...

At one point over the holidays, we were getting great weather....and I was able to get in tons of volume; which is apparently a good plan for this time of year.  Was able to mtb, get the CX out, and even the single speed.  Then Mother Nature did a 180 and went immediately frigid!!  WTF??  (Oooops, sorry about the language...)  Crap weather all over the country...



Sorry about the language there again!!




Anyways, I guess we should be happy, we could have the weather they are having in my old stomping ground of Saskatchewan...



Thank you weatherman....




So, this last week has seen me on the trainer (thank heavens for Sufferfest videos!!!), and even doing some running.  Yes that's right running...I said it, and I'm doing it.  Remember, I have 20lbs of Christmas turkey to lose...and I will.  (Did you write that down?)

The running hurts.  I used to run alot, before I started mountain biking.  It was off season training for hockey, and training for when I used to box (a kazillion years ago), so I am hoping I will get used to it again...


I like the cross training, and sometimes a small change from the bike is a good thing.

Anyways, Lois and JJ conspired to get me this over the holidays...



Very cool!  Thank you Janey!!

On a sad note, over the holidays, we have had to say goodbye (for now???) to one of my favourite spots.  Cafe Domestique has shut its doors...


However, there is rumour and hint that it could come back somewhere....sometime.  Fingers crossed!!

Also....I don't know what happened at Rock & Road Cycles post season party, but it must have been good!!  Apparently there was a new Figlet born, a new miscoceptionz on the way....waiting to hear news from Blaze...   John?   Cpt??  Kyle?   Scott??  Anyways, glad I missed it and can't be blamed...

Finally, has anyone seen or heard of EnglishJim??  He seems to have disappeared off the planet...
Could he have been abducted by this guy??



That kind of looks like Jim's bike...
I heard that the North Pond Hermit was arrested over the holidays...


 Kind of looks like Jim....
See the resemblance??



If any of you (at least the two of you...and my mom....who read this blog) see or hear from Jim...let us know!!

Anyways, I guess I should get back to work, or on the trainer, or running.  I have that 20lbs to lose.  Did you write that down??

Stay posted!!


No comments:

Post a Comment