Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Monday 9 February 2015

In Search of 189

So after the holiday season I was bouncing around (or way over) 200lbs...okay something like 212!  Yup...I was a flubberin!  Although Lois insisted I still looked good, I knew I was way too hefty!!






Felt kind of like this guy...







And so I have been working since the new year to get my weight down, and it's been going!  In fact last week saw me trying to break through the 190lb barrier.  Hence, I was in search of 189!  Wanted to see that middle digit '8'!!  But stalled out at 190...and wasn't dropping.






Here is one 99...





But that's not what I was looking for.  Been there, done that...a month ago.  (Yeah....you really have to be old to get this reference!!)

Anyways, towards the end of last week...189!!  Blinking up at me in red LED lights from the scale.  I would have taken a pic to prove it, but I don't really think you would want to see what might have been lurking in the margin....

And I am actually currently at 188...looking to be 185 by weeks end!

So how am I doing it?  Well, following a structured training plan...kind of like this guy...




Actually my plan has me on the bike at least 10 hours per week.  And by on the bike, I mean either riding in the snow, or riding indoors on the trainer (usually to a Sufferfest video).  We can't all be so fortunate as to go down south to train for 6 months...like this happy couple...




You know who you are.  Farfignewton!!  (Which has nothing to do with Fig.)

Anyways, I have also broken up the bike activity with occasional cross training activity like trail running, and snowshoeing.  Especially when weather and trail conditions are not conducive to riding....and one can only ride a trainer for so long.  I also use this time of year to do core and strength work at the Jim...




And I have also significantly cut my caloric intake.  Still maintaining a balanced diet with proper macro-nutrient ratios...just cut the totals down.  So my snacks look exactly like this...





My vegan friends say I should also throw in more fungi....but I just don't know...




Yikes!!  Let's move on shall we!??

I've been trying to cut down on the cat pics...but Fig insisted one last pic of his cat...





Anyways....getting well off topic again...
So, this last weekend got strong-armed into registering for the Frostbike race this coming weekend (so far forecasted to be a cold ass day!!!)
I don't have a fatbike...so I hope to just not embarrass my self too much.  If nothing else it will be fun, and a good training opportunity.

Of course, I will let you know how it goes.

Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment