Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 5 June 2015

No Race Review Review/Preview

As there was no local race this last weekend, this will be a quick post.

There were however a couple of local racers who attended, far away races and did well!

This fella, Jouko....kicked some arse coming in 9th (and top non-American!) at the DirtyKanza 200!!


200miles on the gravel roads of Kansas in 15 hours!!!  Well done, sir!!



And this superstar won (yes WON!!!), the Mohican 100.  100 miles on a mountain bike, besting some of the best names in the sport!!  Well done Louda!!!



In the meantime I got invited by Rob Holmgren to pre-ride the Ocup 3 and 4/Canada Cup courses at Hardwood and Horseshoe, so I was up there last weekend to do that.  50kms chasing Rob's crew of 20something year old, 130lb, elite level racers.  There are some crazy climbs in these courses!!  I still hurt...

Maybe I should have just stayed home with my issue of Vanity Fair???  (Note:  Lois doesn't like this 'joke'!!)




While at Hardwood, hacking a lung trying to keep up to Rob,  I saw JeffS pre-riding the course.  I have to say I didn't recognize him right away because he wasn't on a podium at the time.  He did take the time, though, to take this pic of me while he heckled...





Thanks, Jeff!!

Updates on some injuries:

misconceptionz should be recovered from his stubbed toe after 8 weeks of rehab and will have no more excuses...

Blaze is still out, and will be for the season I would think, recovering from the badly fractured wrist...


At least it gives him a chance to spend more time on his new boat....I guess.

Bad news for Oggie.  Broke his collar bone pre-riding the Horseshoe Canada Cup course!!!  Positive thoughts out to Oggie, heal well and fast, dude!!




I'm not sure what happened to Fig, NewfieSteve, or EnglishJim....they seem to have fallen off the planet, have risen to a higher plane, or have been abducted by aliens again....

CptSydor and VV are too busy with their home/house/province move to race....so now they just drop me on training rides...

Ran into DundasJim while out on a training ride, so I know he is out there, and not just on Strava....

Well that is about it for this post....short, boring (yes I have been called both before...actually just this morning...).





Anyways up next is the OCup #3/Canada Cup at Horseshoe....this Sunday.  As mentioned, some nasty climbs in store at this race...

Let's see how that goes....

Stay posted!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no it is the more fantasty and get amazing great really this is very important I also like and love for anything and desire content for the new Bike Thanks for great information i also like and love this Bike. really your published list is the great and most perfect for me becoase it is the more and more perfect.however if you want to more best bike for mountants travels please visit the site best mtb reviews

    ReplyDelete