Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 15 January 2016

Winter On!

So another Friday...after taking a sabbatical last week (can a sabbatical be only a week long??).  Well, just a sabbatical from the blog.  Still doing the life thing...have been active on the bike.  Have been riding the fatbike almost exclusively...







OK, you got me....that last one isn't me...

This is more my style...



And one of my goals for the off season was to increase leg power, so at the direction of CoachRob I have been hitting the gym regularly...






OK...you got me again...that isn't me.

Actually I don't take any pics in the gym since this guy outlifted me...



I have also been doing some adaptive training with some trail running, and when we get enough snow I look forward to some back country skiing and snowshoeing.  I am lucky enough to have trails right in my back yard.  Also have this in my back yard...



Seriously...anyways...off topic once again?

There was a fatbike race last weekend.  I did not partake (I am totally not in race mode right now...).  It was The Frozen Beaver (hey, I didn't name it...), organized by DanOfSubstance and Substance Projects as the first of the four race series 45NRTH Ontario Fatbike Series p/b Cycle Solutions.  I don't want to say too much about this race as I think Dan is putting an article together and I don't want to scoop him.  I did hear that it was a tough but fun race.  And Dan always brings such a fun, positive vibe to his races.

Giant did attend...and took this selfie at the start line..


ApexRacePhotography was on site to chronicle the event...I will share one pic...


A great shot of Giant and Guy taking the hole shot right off the start!!

For the results (Giant kicked arse!!) and more pics by Apex go here...

http://substanceprojects.com/portfolio-item/2016-fat-bike-1-frozen-beaver

BTW, ApexTed posted one of his best pic ever here...

https://instagram.com/p/BAj2D-jlJww/


Anyways...Dan's next race, The Snumbler (hey, I didn't name it!!), is January 23rd at Northumberland Forest.


14Stone...new Fatbike model!!  (I know...kind of random)

Maybe we will see you at one of these races!

Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment