Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 12 February 2016

All Star Valentine

So a typical week....wah's happened??

Well the Kingston Snophy (the third race of Substance Projects 4 race Fatbike series) happened...without a hitch.  Well not quite....mother nature intervened requiring DanOfSubstance and his highly paid group of 'volunteers' (even including the land owner of the race site!) to completely re-vamp the course at from 4am on into the start of the race on race day morning!!  But it turned out great!!  It went over very well, and was greatly appreciated for all who participated.

To give you a driver's seat view of the course....one of the racers took a video of his experience.  It's longish, but very cool as the variety of the course really captures your attention (or at least it did mine)...and there's a crash!!





As for me I have been following CoachRob's plan for the week.  I was lucky enough to drag friends out on a couple of training rides.  I got to chase Jamie around on the fatbike for a 3 hour trail ride over our local roots, rocks, and hills.  Bent up my Fatboy a bit, but BWPaul got it all fixed up.

Then I talked Blaze, Fig, and PowerPaul to join me for a 120km road/gravel ride on CX bikes (well....Fig cheated and brought a road bike...he's like that).  I actually fooled them into joining me by telling them it would be 20 - 40 kms.  The cold had Fig bonking ten minutes in (he's like that...).  Blaze started to figure it out when at 40 kms we were still travelling away from my house (where we started from)...and he continued to swear at me the remainder of the ride...(he's like that...).  PowerPaul just kept chugging along.

Actually it turned out to be a great ride....and thank you to Lois for the recovery feast at the end!!

CoachRob also has me running for adaptive training...which I have grown to almost like.  Almost.  Anyways...a funny thing happened to me running the trails this week...OK...not so funny...  As I was unhappily running the trail (wondering why I do this sh*t...), I came around a curve, and lost in my suffering and thoughts of twin Swedish cheerleaders (???  I'm like that...), I come face to face with a couple of these fellas, not 5 feet away from me...




Actually they looked a whole lot more...and almost exactly like this...





I think we actually startled each other...and in the second or two that it took me to convince my rectum not to activate, I reached for a stick. Then they tore off into the woods...as afraid of me than I was of them.  I think they were actually afraid of the new running/riding mask that Blaze recently gave me...




Thanks Blaze!!  It may have saved my life!  Of course, Blaze reminded me that my own face may have scared them more...


He's like that...

Anyways...I didn't have time to take a pic of the critters but they did leave tracks...




And there were a ton of deer on the trail (that the coyotes were probably following....).




But then again...there are deer in my back yard...




Anyways....back on track...

CoachRob also has me hitting the weights at the gym to strengthen my core, and work on leg power (at my request since my leg strength/power has dropped drastically since mtb has taken over from hockey as my sport of choice).

Don't worry, I don't intend on getting too bulky...although this is my progression so far...


Just kidding...Rob has me doing simple strength exercises...here I am following his direction...







Actually, one good thing about the gym is there are always 'motivational' views...not what you are thinking with your dirty mind...    I mean, more like this...






Yeah, that's it...

Actually, I prefer the gym cuz this happens when I workout at home...





Anywaaaaysss....getting well off track again...and as that pretty much sums up my week...I am almost done here.

However, in the interest of the Valentine's weekend coming up....and the fact that Lois prefers to not celebrate such a comprised, Hallmark, consumerist 'holiday'...I am going to take this opportunity to sincerely (yes...me sincere...sincerely...really, even...) express (as closely as my limited ability to find the words allows me) how much she means to me.  How much I appreciate her support of my passions.  What an honour it is for me to be her 'Superman'.  She is more than my wife, more than my friend, more than my soulmate.  We are one.  And I love her without question.  Well 28/30th of the time without question...there are those couple of days I wonder if I have mistakenly stepped through a portal into an alternate reality...I am not arrogant or fool enough to think I have it figured out..




I do know, that without her this would be...




And next week we can all look forward to cheap chocolate...

Finally, that's all I got...more MTB next week!!

Stay posted...



No comments:

Post a Comment