Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 26 February 2016

Raceday??

So not a whole lot going on to post about...but there was this last Saturday...


And Seth happened to win the entire thing.  First and fastest overall!!  What can one say??  Other than Wow!!  Well done, eh!!  In fact the Rock & Road race team rather ruled the event.  Well, other than the category JeffS was in...but now days that goes without saying... not too many faster than JeffS....except Seth apparently...and maybe John...where ever he is these days...




I waffled too long, wary of what the weather might be, and missed out on the event as it sold out.  But kudos go to thedumbopinion and his crew (SHCC??) for what was reportedly a very well run event.

As it was, it turned out to be +15 degrees Celsius on the day!!  So I took the opportunity to take the road bike out for the first ride of 2016....



And convinced Fig and NewfieSteve to join me.  Well, Steve joined us for the last half of the ride, after Fig and I had battled a severe head wind for two hours...then Steve proceeded to thrash us for the next two hours...

It was nice enough Sunday, that I did it all again...albeit solo...

And then the weather...WTF???  I'm getting dizzy not knowing what season it really is!!





And the weather must be playing havok with my devices.  My Wahoo HRM has been repeatedly dying...and it's not even a year old.



And it must be contagious...because now the RFLKT keeps dying ...


(but i think it just doesn't like the cold)....so I am not a big fan of Wahoo right now.  I have a new Tacx HRM so we will see if that solves the issues.

Anyways, I guess the weather did get me confused.  Enough that I let Burnsy talk me into cruising up to Bracebridge to race in DanOfSubstance's Fatbike race this Saturday.  This is the last race of Dan's Fatbike Race series, and conditions look to be an actual winter snow fatbike race.  And Dan's races are always well run and the atmosphere is so much fun, so it will be worthy of the drive.  Now if I was only in race shape...(yup gotta pile up the excuses early here...)

Well if I fake it good enough, maybe I can look like this guy...




And hide the fact that maybe I don't quite belong ...





And then Sunday it is supposed to be back up to +10 again!  Double WTF!!  (WWTTFF???)
So Fig and Blaze have talked me into (I sure appear to be easily talked into shite...) a long road ride on CX bikes (although I think they are going to sneak road bikes in this one) for Sunday.  I will be on the CX Crux.  Anyone wanna join???

Otherwise...yeah I know...short n sweet...I warned ya...





Hey...I have never lied to you before...




More next week!!  (Sorry...didn't mean that as a threat...)

Stay posted!!




No comments:

Post a Comment