Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 23 June 2016

Preparing for the 24

So...this week has been all about getting ready for this weekend....the 24 Hours of Summer Solstice Mountain Bike Relay race.  This iconic race is sold out...pretty much anyone with a mountain bike within 1000kms of here will be there.  This is my major 'A' race of the season.

In case you are not familiar with this race it is held at Albion Conservation area near Bolton, Ontario, and is promoted by ChicoRacing.  The course is a 17-18km loop of a mix of single track and double track.  The loop has a few minor obstacles, but is typically a technically fun, easy course to ride.  Each lap should take approximately 50 minutes to an hour to complete at fresh race pace....longer as the race plays on.  There will be teams of 6-10 people, 5 people, 2 people, and solos.  I will be racing solo.

I am fortunate enough to have help.  Matty Tee will be arriving today from Windsor to help his old man (yes, that means me...but hey, not so old...right??).  Also Blaze will be managing my pit.  It is Blaze's job to see that I get 75 laps in...if so he earns his badge of honour and new title...



SuperBlaze!!!

Actually, I am predicting it is going to take 20 laps to make it to the podium...so I guess that is my goal.  A stretch perhaps....but what the hell.

And to make sure Matty and Blaze don't get too bored looking after just little old (there's that 'old' again!) me...we have invited a few other solo racers to share the Team Riot pit...14Stone, Giant, Jesse will all be hanging out/racing/suffering/crying...together...





 14Stone



Giant




Jesse


Actually, I don't know Jesse...never met (they are Blaze's friend)...so I have no idea what he/she looks like.  And there may have been some mixup in the picture placement...sorry...I am not a technological whiz by any standard...which is why I bring in help for these posts...








Anyways...CoachRob has me tapering into the event with a couple of recovery days.  
And, some of my high octane 24 hour race food is prepared...



Filipino Champorado with a Canadian Metis twist...


More options for food to be prepared today...
And the Raijin is shined up, prepped and ready to rage...





New decals included!


Actually....it's a little tough to get the bike ready when you see this innocently watching you in the back yard...




Seriously....that's what we deal with here...tough, eh?

So...mostly ready to go...now to get loaded up.  
In the meantime...Lael Wilcox has won the TransAm Bike race.  The first woman to win...and she crushed it!!  You can follow those still finishing on the facebook pages..
and at trackleaders...


And if that wasn't enough to keep me preoccupied the Tour Divide is still on....and our friend dskunk is still in it!!


Careful, if you click on any of these links....these races can be addicting!!

Anyways...short n' sweet today (OK...not so sweet...); I still got stuff I gotta do to get ready.
Me and Matty Tee will be heading out tomorrow (Friday) in the new TeamRiot trailer...




If you get a chance stop in and say hi...we will be parked in the solo area...likely near that damn long grassy climb.  We should be easy to find...






Oookay....anyways...

If I survive this thing...I will let you know...next week!!

Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment