Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Wah Happen...Wuz Up??

Well, 'tis done.  Registered for the Fall Epic 8 Hour...Solo Male.  There's a huge boatload of solo males at this one!!  And I know there are more yet to register.  Gonna be very competitive....again.

But where are all the solo females??  Alexa?  Sarah?  C'mon ladies...get in there!

And looks to be some serious fast competitors in solo singlepeed...RocketDog....Hal...

Lots of familiar names in the team categories...but still some missing.  Jaimie....NewfieSteve...where are ya??  And all the R&R folks??

Anyways....I am in there...and I am hoping to perform better than I have at recent races...been working at it even, almost.

Dragged NewfieSteve out for a 4 hour ride at TurkeyPoint this weekend.  Apparently riding with me wasn't enough though...Steve picked up this little friend...




Steve decided to keep the critter...even fed it a gel...I warned him not to...those things grow fast!  In fact, by the end of our ride this was Steve and his new friend...





Kind of freaky....but worse than this???






Anyways, you notice that Steve doesn't really like to have his face in a pic??




Kind of reminds me of another friend of mine...


Hey!  No pics!!




Shadow:  Get that f'n camera outta my face, 
or I will eat your eyeballs while you sleep!!
Me:  What??
Shadow:  Meow...

Luckily, Steve is not as ornery as Shadow...

Anyways....I am getting way off track here again.
So, Steve didn't want to do two 4 hour days in a row...so I did the next one solo on local trails...


On the 29+ Fatboy special...



Some creek action....




Bridge over not-so-troubled waters...


So...there...getting ready for the 8 hour while enjoying some of the best things about this sport...good friends....nature...and the awesome summer weather that continues into September...

Speaking of friends...(whether they will admit it or not...), some were involved in a couple of other mtb events this weekend.

There was the final O'Cup/Provincial race at Sir Sam's Resort...promoted by Superfly Racing.  A few notables that I know about (from stalking people on Facenotepad)....GrantSonOfSeth pulled a great 2nd place (watch out there dad...he's going to be faster than you soon!!); Seth was up there somewhere...third; KarenG kicked arse;  and then there was the Mexican...scored a damn nice new bike as most improved rider of the season!!


Nice work, sir!!


The other event was the Dairy Capital Stampede 6 hour mtb race at The Pines, put on by Woodstock Cycling Club.  Fatboy Nation and reps from Hub Cycling were there...



What I really want to know...is who beat the duo of Terry&Tracey????


And Blaze, Jaimie, Fig, and misconceptionz entered a 4 person team....and won third...




And in case you are wondering, yes, I got this pic of the 'team' from Blaze.  Perhaps a bit strange how the others got chopped out.

But what may be strangest/freakiest of all this weekend...is, I don't think JeffS won anything!!  Is that possible??  Freakier than this....





Anyways....I'm kinda stretching it out here...(at least I didn't show the EnglishJim nippletape pic again...).

Time to call it a day...sorry...get back to work, eh.

What will Thursday bring??

Stay posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment