Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Fog Horns

So the spring/fall weather continues...into the end of January.  And there was fog...so much fog.  And no more snow...even the parking lot piles are gone.  So...on plus 8 degrees last Friday CoachRob tells me, "You need mo' powa'!!  3 hours of hill repeats for you!!"

So Friday...a beautiful day for January (damn near a beautiful day for August!); the trails a sloppy unrideable mess...so I headed to Sydenham road to do repeats on the hill.  Fun times!!  Or something.

For recovery, Lois and I headed to Krys' cool new place in Dundas...






Then Saturday, the regular BicycleWorks group mtb ride turned into the cross ride due to trail conditions.  Unglued, the Lapdog, had asked to join us...but he never showed up.  He posted this pic later, so I assume it had something to do with him missing..





Hey!!  TMI!! 

Anyways, Blaze was supposed to show up too....but apparently the new administration had called him to clear out some old stuff...




Anyways...BWPaul, SirDobby, and Daryl (on his damn road bike!) showed up.  Daryl did his best to shell us on his road bike, then Paul decided a 10km sprint to the finish was necessary.  It was a great ride, with bright coloured jackets and red blinky lights to make us as visible as possible in the thick fog.






In fact, Saturday was so much fun, BWPaul, Dobby, and I did it all again on the still foggy Sunday...
This time, icy trails forced us out of the valley, up top the the roads where headwinds killed us!!


Paul was hoping to catch me wiping out on the icy bridge...but, skillz eh!!


With the temps so mild here...and the lack of snow...some showed  some True Grit, and went all the way to Quebec to find some real fatbiking conditions...




If you are wondering what this True Grit thing is all about...you can check out the developing web site at www.truegritcycling.ca  

Then Monday was a gym day....then recovery time as Lois and I went to see the movie Rogue One...where I ate too much theater popcorn...then felt like I had to drop this when I got home...








Actually, I am from Saskatchewan...so it would be more like this...







Anyways...off topic again...
So...before I get into trouble...let's call this one...

Stay safe in the fog...and...
Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment