Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Power of Rain

Short one today...cuz I gotta get out and ride in this icy rain...good training for Dan's cross Canada Ice Duck Race.  (OK...maybe there isn't such a race...yet...but Dan is creative like that.  And apparently I can be a tad sarcastic...right Andrea??)

Apparently the Albion Fatbike Festival was a raging success this weekend.  There was racing, there was poker derby, there were costumes, chili, beer, prizes, laughs, and Rafs.  And ApexRacePhotography was at their ninja finest, on hand to capture it all.  Click on the little logo...and check out all the cool pics!!



I was not able to make it to Albion.  I have actually enjoyed the last few months just riding my bike without competitive goals, or tightly structured training.  But it is time to get back at it...so I have.

Focusing on endurance training over the past year has resulted in a depletion of power and strength.  So of the few goals I did have for over the winter, one was to increase my lost power/strength.  This weekend was a good example of that kind of workout combo.

Thursday had me doing adaptive training...running.  While that may not sound power related...it is when you are running these on the trails...




I may have found my new home out there too...



And Lois thinks I have nowhere to go...



Anyways, Friday had me at the gym working more directly on leg strength and power.

Saturday was a mostly solo fatbike hill ride, 540m of non-studded fatbike climbing on our icy, local escarpment trails.  A few near tragic close calls.

Sunday, I thought I had better play it safe and ride the studs.  However, they are on the single speed...





And Sunday's ride was with BWPaul, and SirDobby, two of the most competitive, and gifted mountain bikers around...in every sense.  Technical skills, power, endurance, speed...yet they don't race.  So I spent Sunday's ride, trying to keep their carbon fatbikes (studded) in sight...often failing...for 42+ kms and over 840m of climbing.  I limped back to the truck...thoroughly depleted...if you ever want a challenging ride...these are the guys to go with.

Anyways...I am getting back in the game.  Increasing the power just one of the goals...don't think I will make it this far though...


Robert Forstemann...German track sprint cyclist...

But hey...no limits!!

I was trying to get NewfieSteve to come out on one of the weekend rides...but he wanted no part of it.  I'm a little worried about him...I think he may be forgetting how to Newf.  He thought this was a sheep...






I told him, "Alpaca your bags for you if you need to go back to the home country to reset..."
We shall see.

Anyways...it's icy raining out...so maybe no ride today...which is OK.  Another gym day is scheduled...





Maybe Rob Forstemann is outta reach...but maybe I can reach serious, or dskunk??  Maybe even JeffS???  Ah well...a guy can dream...right??

In pursuit of betterness...off to the gym.
Stay posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment