Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 25 August 2017

Rambles

So the local MTB race world was on a bit of a hiatus this week...I guess.

Well the Kelso weekly series finished out it's season this Tuesday, with these fast cats taking part...



Thank you to Giant for the pic.  I stole it from his Active & Attractive facebook page (yes that really is the name of it...isn't it obvious from the folks in this pic??).

There was also a not local race of some sort...100km in New Hampshire which DonnaW went down to win...and meanwhile met this cool cat!!




And you know if Tinker is there, it's gotta be one of the toughest races around!!  Very cool!

But that is about all I am aware of what may have been going on in mtb racing this week...so instead of boring you with made up shit...I will bore you with pics of my bike experiences this week as I attempt to rehab the broken bones.

Enjoy...(or at least tolerate...);


A ride out to Megalomaniac Winery out in the 20 Valley near Vineland



With this fast crew...Fig, (yours truyl), Ian, Jonathan, PowerPaul.

I've been trying to find folks faster and fitter than me to ride with to keep me motivated to stay in shape...then I saw this ride...



How is that for motivation!!??  That is AdamKingOfTheHill's ride from this week.  Once you understand the stats you realize what a monster long, fast, climby ride this was!!  How the f'...???  Remind me never to try to keep up to Adam...


Me...when I saw that ride posted...


No Tank You!!

Anyways, that served for more motivation...

So I rode with these folks...

JennR, Jonathan (again!), MikeOz

Pushing the limits between some fun stops...


Maddaugh Springs for water refill...


Which really is this...really...


An Osprey nest in Badenoch


Buttertart 'n' coffee stop 1


Buttertart 'n' coffee stop 2


Then as we were riding through the countryside we rode by some folks out in a random field, dressed in medieval garb...like they were re-enacting some ancient battle...or playing 'slash the dwarf'...(nothing against dwarfs, but studies show 9 out of 10 dwarfs are not Happy...).  We didn't get a pic...but it looked very much like this...




Seriously...and it was surreal enough that it had me wondering if they had passed through a time portal; or if we had.

And I don't know what that scene must have done to Jenn cuz at 115km she decided she should attack and sprint for 2 kms...

I was like...




Sorry....am I using that one too much??

Anyways...I think she was just in a hurry to get to the beer and BBQ that Lois had waiting for us...


Thanks Lois!!

Or maybe it was this pic from husband Mark about their kids...


Yup...real pic...from MarkR...


Anyways...another great ride...trying to stay in some kind of shape...there are still mtb races left this season I would like to attempt...

I did get a solo mtb ride in to see if the bones could handle it...




And it seemed to be mostly OK...just can't shift without a thumb...so it may be mostly singlespeed!

Anyways...I guess my rambling is rambling...at least we got to witness a cosmic event this week...





Total eggclipse???


Anyways...I am once again getting off track...

This coming weekend has SirSam's O'Cup provincials...and if you are not there, looks like the weather is going to be great for any other local riding (avoid Texas!!)...

Enjoy the weekend...maybe we will see you out there!!

Stay posted!!


Don't go to Dar's on a Tuesday!!









No comments:

Post a Comment