Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 21 September 2017

Fall Epic 8 - Here we come!

So...now locked in...







Exactly, the Fall Epic 8 Hours at Hardwood Hills presented by Pulse Racing.  In, for better or worse.

This is my first race since breaking my thumb.  The thumb will be heavily taped; the bone is healed but the ligament needs surgical repair.  I have been riding, but not really training...so it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Headed to Hardwood yesterday with NewfieSteve, to check out the course...




It's basically a series on long, steady, grindy climbs...whether twisty single track, or wide open double track.  I guess it's called Hardwood Hills for a reason.  A taller gear will be fine for the first few laps or so...but I think will be too much for this old cat as the day wears on...so...   It's always a challenge to know what the 'right' gearing is...as I said to NewfieSteve, "There's never a right gear."  Anyways, we are going to make this Epic 8 epic!!  (Can I say 'epic' enough in one post???)





There's a few roots, some tight corners, and a couple of obstacles but nothing too overly technical...so it should just be a fun ride!  An opportunity to watch all of my friends pass me for 8 hours!  And, going to share my pit with TeamColin as he kills his first Solo 8 Hour.  It really is going to be Epic!!

Anyways, the recon mission went well.  No crashes, the thumb survived...and Steve provided some epic tailgate recovery!


I know...two pics of the recovery...
but that's the best part!


So, anyways, here we go!
Just a short post to warn you...and prepare for next weeks post(s).  They gotta be epic report(s), to properly review this race!!

So...
Stay posted!

Hey...didn't say 'epic' this time!!  D'oh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment